Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution
The hidden pattern that affects every yoga professional
It’s easy to get tunnel vision. To get lost in the daily details and forget you are part of a bigger system. Forget the system, and you’re at its mercy. Understand the system, and you’re the master as you float with the flow instead of fighting the tide.
Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution is a downloadable PDF report about the big picture of yoga and how it relates to you now—and in the future.
Learn about the behind-the-scenes thought process that Americans go through as they size up yoga, ultimately deciding whether or not the practice is for them.
Yoga has gone surprisingly mainstream, and behind this successful growth is an unseen but predictable pattern spelled out in Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution.
Once you know these hidden decision points, you can understand why some people accept the invitation to try yoga while others reject it outright, or why some stay with the practice for years while others fade out after only a few sessions.
Once the out-of-sight process is revealed, what was mysterious becomes obvious, and you can take the right action at the right time to bring more people to yoga or encourage more people to stay with the practice over the long haul.
Reading this report is like an explorer using binoculars to see the distant horizon. What’s over there that might be useful? You never know until you look. This tool for seeing further and deeper teaches you in 42 pages how to turn myopic sight into 20/20 vision:
- Understand why some people decide to try yoga while others sit on the sidelines-and what you can do to increase the odds that even the reluctant person will say, “Yes, I’ll try yoga.”
- Uncover the key components of turning a “try” into an ongoing habit.
- Learn the four hidden steps that must be addressed to meet the needs of the fearful newcomer and the long-term, committed student.
- Discover marketing strategies used in Fortune 500 companies that work for the yoga professional on a shoestring budget.
- Questions to ask so you identify wasted effort or ill-advised marketing messages.
Yoga’s position in the healthcare market is unique. Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution considers:
- The potential problems of being linked to an ailing healthcare system.
- How the practice of yoga addresses an unmet need in healthcare.
- The healthcare issue that cannot be fixed by the two tools physicians most often use, and why yoga is the right prescription.
- The obstacles we face as the open and unregulated practice of yoga comes face-to-face with one of the most regulated and administratively complicated system in our country: health insurance.
Order Yoga’s Evolution Now
(Digital PDF), $29.95
“Megan’s view of yoga’s evolution is unique. Rather than a dry history, Megan looks through a marketing lens to see the underlying patterns that are driving the growth of yoga. Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution is a must read for those who want to know how ideas spread. Then you can use that understanding to spread the work of yoga even further into your own community.” — Vandita (Kate) Marchesiello, Director of the Kripalu Yoga Teachers Association
Ask the Experts
When you are looking for a larger vision, ask those who already have a broad view. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, or to try and figure it out on your own. Yoga’s Evolution includes in-depth interviews with industry thought-leaders including:
- Ila Sarley, past-president of Kripalu Center
- John Kepner, executive director of the International Association of Yoga Therapist
- Rama Berch, first president of Yoga Alliance, founder of Master Yoga Foundation and originator of Svaroopa® yoga
In Yoga’s Evolution, these thought-leaders share their perspectives on:
- Yoga’s future in healthcare
- What’s driving the current growth trend and yoga and whether that growth will continue
- How yoga teachers can position themselves in the burgeoning wellness marketplace
“The interviews with industry experts were most insightful, since the future of yoga and healthcare has a direct impact on my work as a yoga nurse.” — Annette Tersigni, RN, The Yoga Nurse, YogaNurse.com
Survival of the fittest
Whether you are a nomadic teacher moving from space to space, a studio owner, or a large wellness organization, knowing what people are looking for in the practice can help you better understand your place in space. Knowing the evolution of yoga—how the practice came to America, where it stands now, and how we are positioned for the future—can help your business survive and thrive, rather than face extinction.
Yoga’s Evolution does not rehash existing data or regurgitate easily obtainable information. Rather, the report shows a new way of thinking about yoga’s growth, uncovering a systematic approach of how ideas catch so you can use the process to get your ideas (or business) to catch.
Using stories and an interactive style, Yoga’s Evolution conveys lessons and key trends directly for the yoga professional. And it includes specific actions to give you the power to leverage the trends within your business.
“Through Megan’s insights and research in Yoga’s Evolution in America’s Wellness Revolution, I am able to direct students and teachers of Yoga to a practical guide enabling them to navigate the unknown channels (to many of us) of marketing. It is an essential guide that will enlighten all of us to express and blend the wisdom teachings with the modern world with integrity and success.” — Nischala Joy Devi, master teacher, author of The Healing Path of Yoga, The Secret Power of Yoga